México DF (México), November 6th 2014.- The men’s magazine GQ celebrated the eighth edition of Men of the Year Awards, recognizing the most relevant people on the year, both men and women, on fashion, art, architecture, sport, gastronomy, communication and science. Eva Hughes, CEO and managing director of Condé Nast Mexico and Latin America and Rafael Molano, Editorial Director of GQ Mexico and Latin America, delivered the awards at a gala hosted by Martha Debayle and Rebecca de Alba in Mayita Hall (DF).
The winners of this edition were:
– Ana Beatriz Barros, International Model of the Year.
– Carmen Aristegui, Journalism career
– Daniel Giménez-Cacho, Artist career
– Erendira Ibarra, best break through Actress of the Year.
– Eugenio Lopez, Cultural Promoter of the Year.
– Lila Downs, Musician of the Year.
– Manolo Baños Chef of the Year.
– Mario Schjetnan, Architect of the Year.
– Miguel Herrera, Inspiration man of the Year.
– Paola Longoria, Sportswoman of the Year.
Diverse personalities of the entertaiment and culture world attended the event, as the actor Vadhir Derbez. The son of Eugenio Derbez wore a blue velvet smoking of the firm Novios de Protocolo for which he has been nominated as one of the best dressed of the night. Vadhir Derbez is considered a promising actor, because he comes from one of the most historic families in the world of Mexican show. He, along with his father, are regular customers of the brand Novios de Protocolo and they have been selected it for countless special events.